Author Topic: DYNAUDIO Talk  (Read 11413 times)

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
  • ESAC Rating: +8/-1
    • View Profile
Re: DYNAUDIO Talk
« Reply #240 on: September 10, 2017, 03:35:00 PM »
I was just a text with a pic of an Atom driving S40. Said it sounded great and the Atom had no problem powering them.
Naim NAC N272>XPS DR(Powerline)>250DR(Powerline)>NACA5>Dynaudio Contour C20

John

CDLehner

• Music Lover/Gear Enthusiast
  • Administrator
  • ESAC Rating: +1/-3
  • Remember When You Were Young...
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 16, 2017, 08:37:22 PM »
CD: Just curious did you ever get a pair of the S40? I am thinking about getting them or a pair of C20, depending on what job offer if I get one.. I could be 0-3 or 3-0, heck anyone of the 3 I am interviewing for I would take! ;)
C(D)hris

MAIN: AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > Mytek Brooklyn > CARY SLI-80 Signature > PMC Twenty5-23s

Office:  AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > EE (Eastern Electric) MiniMax IA > Omega Super 3i??

ESAC goes dark 11/25/17. Thanks for participating!

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 16, 2017, 08:39:32 PM »
CD: Just curious did you ever get a pair of the S40? I am thinking about getting them or a pair of C20, depending on what job offer if I get one.. I could be 0-3 or 3-0, heck anyone of the 3 I am interviewing for I would take! ;)

Welcome back Gar!  :)

Trying to decide, what goes here...

The 40s, are on the short-list  thumbsup

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 08:42:04 PM by CDLehner »
C(D)hris

MAIN: AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > Mytek Brooklyn > CARY SLI-80 Signature > PMC Twenty5-23s

Office:  AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > EE (Eastern Electric) MiniMax IA > Omega Super 3i??

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
C(D)hris

cisco

• Charter Member
  • ESAC Rating: +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2017, 03:50:07 AM »
Those are gorgeous Chris.  thumbsup   ......and that's the finish I would get if I was in the market. ;D

McIntosh C47/MC152
McIntosh MDA1K DAC
Sonos/W4S Remedy
PMC Twenty5 23's
WW/Kimber Kable
Monster Power Conditioner HTS 3600 MKII

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2017, 09:30:58 AM »
Those are gorgeous Chris.  thumbsup   ......and that's the finish I would get if I was in the market. ;D

Me too!

It's not the practical choice; when/if it comes time for re-sale...there are gonna be plenty of guys, whose wives won't let them go Red  ::)

But I can't help it; they're beautiful...and the Grey, no offense Tony...are just, Grey.

Even the review says something, to the same effect:

“We created the red one as the outstanding colour, while grey will be the one most likely found at customer’s homes. Having said that, we have already sold much more off the red than expected because everyone falls in love with that colour! Just like you did…”

- Dynaudio Senior Manager Roland Hoffman
C(D)hris

no quarter

• Charter Member
  • ESAC Rating: +13/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 10, 2017, 11:49:50 AM »

Me too!

It's not the practical choice; when/if it comes time for re-sale...there are gonna be plenty of guys, whose wives won't let them go Red  ::)

But I can't help it; they're beautiful...and the Grey, no offense Tony...are just, Grey.

Even the review says something, to the same effect:

“We created the red one as the outstanding colour, while grey will be the one most likely found at customer’s homes. Having said that, we have already sold much more off the red than expected because everyone falls in love with that colour! Just like you did…”

- Dynaudio Senior Manager Roland Hoffman
I am not offended at all Chris,the grey works better in my room right now,maybe if I was younger,I might of went with the red...I used to own a red 67 Camaro,so i am not against bling,lol.
Tony

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 14, 2017, 07:57:00 PM »
Think a fuse gas blown in my XPS so I'm running my system without right now. I really think I'll be selling the XPS. I think the SL IC makes a buffer difference than the XPS.

John

no quarter

• Charter Member
  • ESAC Rating: +13/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 15, 2017, 12:09:28 PM »
Think a fuse gas blown in my XPS so I'm running my system without right now. I really think I'll be selling the XPS. I think the SL IC makes a buffer difference than the XPS.
That is a bold statement! Have you started selling cables on the side,lol.The 272 is very good on its own,and I originally wanted the 555 power supply,but could not justify the price.i will not be selling my XPS,the only way I would,would be on a trade in on the 555.Looks like Superlumina is inevitable for me,but most guys on the Naim forum say to start with the speaker cables,..what do you think?Are you leaning that way,or just getting that itch,that needs scratching(upgraditus) or is it downgraditus, Chris is rubbing off on you,although I still do NOT believe that Chris is done with the gear flipping,old habits die hard.
Tony

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 15, 2017, 12:38:57 PM »
I haven't heard SL SC so I can't comment. I have heard with and without SL IC plus with and without my XPS. The SL IC is back in. I did not sell it like I planned to. The XPS is out right now and I'm in no hurry to put it back. My ears say the SL IC makes a bigger difference. We'll see once the XPS goes back in if I can justify keeping it the same way I did the SL IC. Taft said I could hear a difference once the SL IC came out. I can't say the same with the XPS right now.  I'll post my thoughts on this again once it goes back in.

John

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 15, 2017, 03:39:47 PM »
Replaced my blown fuse and everything is back up and running properly. XPS does add to the sq but I could live without it. 272/250 is a very nice combo. That said I'm keeping my XPS. thumbsup I do need to order a spare fuse now.

John