Author Topic: PMCs 4 SALE  (Read 1757 times)

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
  • ESAC Rating: +8/-1
    • View Profile
Re: PMCs 4 SALE
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2017, 09:20:13 AM »
You don't want to be part of that "focus 260 beats EVERYTHING" club anyway John,it gets a little tiring after a while.Why not jump on those Fact 8's? ;) :o
Thinking about it but still concerned they may be too forward sounding for me. Unfortunately there is really only way to find out for sure.

And I wouldn't worr about them being too "forward"; perhaps "lean" is the word. But still; that's not a bad word...and they are world-class, by any standard.

Looked at any reviews? Tom did own 8s, before his 12s; and he's even thought, of trading back down.

Again...if you have any interest; you really should let me, reach out to that seller for you.
That seller has a pair of Focus 340 too. Fair to say Dyn is a more dynamic sounding speaker?

"Dynamic"...maybe. "Musical"...not from the Dyns I've heard.

They're both great; as is a lot of gear. At this level..."better", is a subjective word.

To me...PMCs are more balanced. That being said...I miss some boom-boom myself; and might try another pair of Dyns.
That along with other things I've read and been told makes me think Dyn is the better choice for me at this time. I do want to give PMC a try but after a pair of Dyns. Now which one? IDK.
Naim NAC N272>XPS DR(Powerline)>250DR(Powerline)>NACA5>Dynaudio Contour C20

John

CDLehner

• Music Lover/Gear Enthusiast
  • Administrator
  • ESAC Rating: +1/-3
  • Remember When You Were Young...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2017, 09:46:53 AM »
Really,you think Dyn's are"boomy",you have to feed them some juice to keep those woofers under control ;) :o

Uh...I've had amps, that are as much as 400wpc. Is that enough juice  ::)  :P

By "boomy", I didn't mean out-of-control, flabby bass; I just meant bass-heavy (at the expense, of mid reproduction, IMO. But such are speaker physics...IMO)
C(D)hris

MAIN: AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > Mytek Brooklyn > Backert Labs Rhumba 1.2 > Adcom 565SE > PMC Twenty5-23s

Office:  AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > EE (Eastern Electric) MiniMax IA > Omega Super 3i??

ESAC goes dark 11/25/17. Thanks for participating!

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2017, 01:25:20 PM »
Guys...I'm "dangling", my Twenty5 23s

https://www.whathifi.com/pmc/twenty523/review

C(D)hris

MAIN: AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > Mytek Brooklyn > Backert Labs Rhumba 1.2 > Adcom 565SE > PMC Twenty5-23s

Office:  AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > EE (Eastern Electric) MiniMax IA > Omega Super 3i??

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2017, 05:06:37 PM »

John

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2017, 05:19:50 PM »
Still researching. I'll post soon.  thumbsup
C(D)hris

jaxwired

• Charter Member
  • ESAC Rating: +4/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 27, 2017, 09:12:51 AM »
Really beautiful speakers.  And I've always loved the 23s because they are so very sleek and slim.  You get the imaging of a small monitor yet still get decent bass from the transmission line. 
Auralic Aries Mini => Devialet 400 => PMC Fact 12

-Tom

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 27, 2017, 09:29:54 AM »
Really beautiful speakers.  And I've always loved the 23s because they are so very sleek and slim.  You get the imaging of a small monitor yet still get decent bass from the transmission line.

Better than "decent", as it turns out Tom. As y'all know; I've had 20-23, among many others...and so naturally people ask me to compare the Twenty v. Twenty5 models.

My answer to this point, has always been...at its simplest..."a little more refined, a little less slam". But I actually had, my best session with them the other night.

IDK; maybe it's like break-up sex...lol. But I really pushed them the other night (nothing unreasonable); and they didn't blink. In fact...they dug deeper, than I'd ever perceived before.

Was it my mood? Finally broken in, lol?? Can't say; but these really are dynamite, little floor-standers.

No remorse; I've been with PMC a long time (and not just long for me  :-[). Time for a change, and the R-300s are set-up statically and ready for run-in. S40s may be imminent.
C(D)hris

postrokfan

• INIQUITY
  • ESAC Rating: +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2017, 01:56:24 PM »
Back to the KEFs eh? Seems a little low budget for you. ;)
1980's Boom-box with cassette deck.

Amateurholic

• Charter Member
  • ESAC Rating: +15/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 28, 2017, 08:39:00 AM »
Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Special Forty's tweeter/highs.

I can't remember if you ever listened to Scansonics, but I really like their execution of the ribbon tweeter

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 28, 2017, 09:46:24 AM »
Will be interested to hear your thoughts on the Special Forty's tweeter/highs.

I can't remember if you ever listened to Scansonics, but I really like their execution of the ribbon tweeter

I had the little SB-1s

C(D)hris

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 28, 2017, 09:53:55 AM »

Guys...as predicted; I can't find a single incidence; of 25-23s listed yet...at least in North America.

They list for $5,400...and it goes without saying; they are in PERFECT shape. I'm the first owner, so...they're as I un-boxed them  thumbsup

Tom says ~$3900; which is close to 30% off MSRP. I'd go lower, if a "friend" wanted them.  ;)
C(D)hris

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2017, 10:36:05 AM »

Guys...as predicted; I can't find a single incidence; of 25-23s listed yet...at least in North America.

They list for $5,400...and it goes without saying; they are in PERFECT shape. I'm the first owner, so...they're as I un-boxed them  thumbsup

Tom says ~$3900; which is close to 30% off MSRP. I'd go lower, if a "friend" wanted them.  ;)
Going lower than $3900 seems like a really good price. Saw a pair of 20.23 sell for around $3500 on Agon a month or 2 a go.

John

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 28, 2017, 11:37:12 AM »

Going lower than $3900 seems like a really good price. Saw a pair of 20.23 sell for around $3500 on Agon a month or 2 a go.

If no one here...and tell yo friends, lol...bites before; they'll go up on The 'Gon...before the Memorial Day listing sale ends.
C(D)hris

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2017, 10:19:36 PM »
FS...

My 25-23s, in Amarone

or, new 25-26s in Walnut

PM me.
C(D)hris

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2017, 08:58:55 AM »
Those 25.26 would be nice!

John