Author Topic: Vinyl  (Read 169 times)

no quarter

• Charter Member
  • ESAC Rating: +13/-1
    • View Profile
Vinyl
« on: December 01, 2016, 03:18:02 PM »
Have any of you guys watched the HBO series Vinyl?I just finished up the series on the weekend,and although i struggled to get through the first episode,i think because it was so long,i thoroughly enjoyed it.The central character played by Bobby Cannavale is a fucking crazy party animal,love that guy.I found it very cool to be transported back in time to when record companies had such a big part in the music industry,how times have changed.There are some great scenes,a few that stand out are the one with David Bowie,whoever they have playing him could be his twin,also there is a scene with Peter Tosh (i assume) playing "Get up stand up"
that i thought was kinda neat,because of my next club pick,anyway,check it out if you have a free weekend.
Tony

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
  • ESAC Rating: +8/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Vinyl
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2016, 04:02:54 PM »
Haven't seen the show but have heard the soundtrack. I believe they use a Sturgill Simpson song as the theme song. Hint, that may be a future Club Pick. ;)
Naim NAC N272>XPS DR(Powerline)>250DR(Powerline)>NACA5>Dynaudio Contour C20

John

CDLehner

• Music Lover/Gear Enthusiast
  • Administrator
  • ESAC Rating: +1/-3
  • Remember When You Were Young...
    • View Profile
Re: Vinyl
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2016, 05:09:43 PM »
It's in my Netflix queue  thumbsup
C(D)hris

MAIN: AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > Mytek Brooklyn > CARY SLI-80 Signature > PMC Twenty5-23s

Office:  AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > EE (Eastern Electric) MiniMax IA > Omega Super 3i??

ESAC goes dark 11/25/17. Thanks for participating!