CDLehner

• Music Lover/Gear Enthusiast
  • Administrator
  • ESAC Rating: +1/-3
  • Remember When You Were Young...
    • View Profile
Re: TIDAL
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2017, 01:49:37 PM »
So...unfortunately; it's been a while, since I've been able to log any time...with the system.

I'm hoping this weekend; so I fired things up, and wanted to let something run...to warm it up.

I normally go for Internet Radio...one of the Linn Radio streams; but decided I wanted to stream something, from TIDAL Masters.

I haven't saved any yet, to my favs; so off the top of my head...I remembered Regina Spektor's Remember Us To Life was in there. So...I went to her album page, and there were 4 copies; which is a little annoying. I wish they'd kinda say, what is which; but the one I chose, was an MQA-enabled Master...and...it was 24/48, on the 'ole Brooklyn!

WoW; anyone topped that? "True" hi-res, at 88.1 or 96kHz??
C(D)hris

MAIN: AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > Mytek Brooklyn > Backert Labs Rhumba 1.2 > Adcom 565SE > PMC Twenty5-23s

Office:  AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > EE (Eastern Electric) MiniMax IA > Omega Super 3i??

ESAC goes dark 11/25/17. Thanks for participating!

no quarter

• Charter Member
  • ESAC Rating: +13/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2017, 02:14:54 PM »
I still have not installed tidal on my computer,I would need to buy some long cables to be able to reach my Naim stack,which is in the next room.Hoping they update the Naim streamers or I-pad soon,so I don't have to mess around.So you are hearing an improvement then?
Tony

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2017, 09:33:06 PM »
WoW; anyone topped that? "True" hi-res, at 88.1 or 96kHz??

Holy shit!  :o

Again...I haven't saved any Masters, to my favs yet; but I remembered The Flaming Lips' Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is MQA.

24/96!!  thumbsup

I'll have to change, my avatar.

EDIT- F*ck me! Herbie Hancock's Fat Albert Rotunda; 24/192!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: January 14, 2017, 09:41:19 PM by CDLehner »
C(D)hris

MAIN: AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > Mytek Brooklyn > Backert Labs Rhumba 1.2 > Adcom 565SE > PMC Twenty5-23s

Office:  AAM (Auralic Aries Mini) > EE (Eastern Electric) MiniMax IA > Omega Super 3i??

postrokfan

• INIQUITY
  • ESAC Rating: +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2017, 12:49:13 AM »
Just installed the update for my Bluesound Node 2. Masters are now available in app. No need to add them to Favorites first anymore. Sweet!
1980's Boom-box with cassette deck.

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 01, 2017, 08:49:43 AM »
Just installed the update for my Bluesound Node 2. Masters are now available in app. No need to add them to Favorites first anymore. Sweet!

I am hoping, that is just around the corner...for Auralic's Lightning DS!
C(D)hris

CDLehner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
C(D)hris

postrokfan

• INIQUITY
  • ESAC Rating: +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2017, 08:33:06 PM »
Interesting. I imagine it's hard to keep a company like this going when most listeners don't care about hi-res and would rather put up with ads than pay for music.
1980's Boom-box with cassette deck.