Author Topic: NAIM  (Read 1549 times)

no quarter

• Charter Member
  • ESAC Rating: +13/-1
    • View Profile
Re: NAIM
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2017, 06:45:07 AM »
I was asking about Qnap and Synology because SS keeps pushing me that way,lol.I do have money put aside for the core,so I may go with it,I will let you know what I decide in a couple of weeks,and I do realize there are cheaper options,but I want all Naim gear,thanks for the advice anyway.
Tony

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
  • ESAC Rating: +8/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2017, 08:45:04 AM »
I keep pushing that way because it does basically the something for less money. However it's not Naim brand.
Naim NAC N272>XPS DR(Powerline)>250DR(Powerline)>NACA5>Dynaudio Contour C20

John

no quarter

• Charter Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2017, 09:02:47 AM »
And it does NOT have SPDIF out,like I would prefer,remember that I have XD's,that one day might be my only gear with the Core,if I downsize and sell it all off,just trying to future proof myself,stop buying gear,and just listen to music.
Tony

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 30, 2017, 11:46:27 AM »
I have a SL IC on the way.

John

no quarter

• Charter Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 30, 2017, 12:47:21 PM »
That is funny because i decided to get the SL interconnect for now,i want to see the response to the firmware update that is about to be released for the Core,so i am sticking with what i have for now.I may still look at a NAS,though,i am also going to order a Base for my Fraim,because i upgraded the Fraimlite to full Fraim with my own glass and cups/balls...yet technically it should have the double base to be considered "Full Fraim",so i am hoping i get an improvement there too.We pretty much have the exact same system,except speakers...and Fraim.Curious what price you are getting the SL for?i can get one for 2,750 Canadian,which is about 2.000.00 US dollars,not cheap at all,i hope you realize some people say that they take months to burn in.
Tony

no quarter

• Charter Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 07, 2017, 10:00:57 PM »
John,you keep saying that you are going to take the SL din to XLR cable out,have you yet? ;D
The reason I ask,is that I have the 250 dr coming back home when I get the Special 40's...so I just want to know if it is something I should look at eventually,or don't bother.My dealer is pissing me off taking his time ordering my Core,which I would like to have when the new speakers arrive.Meantime,Johnny has let me borrow his soon to be traded in Exposure 2010 power amp for a bit of playing around,I don't know Johnny,it is awfully light,lol.🤔
Tony

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 08, 2017, 06:54:08 PM »
Unfortunately I have yet to take it out. Part of it is I'm lazy and enjoying things the other reason is I'm afraid I won't hear a difference and get pissed I spent too much on snake oil. lol.

John

no quarter

• Charter Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2017, 11:33:55 AM »
I get that,but do me a favour at some point,pull that bitch out!You can save ME some money,and stress, thinking that I am missing something.From what I have read though,you really need the SL speaker cables to get the "full loom" effect
Tony

spurrier sucks

• INIQUITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2017, 12:12:02 PM »
Yeah I've read that full loom stuff but then I recognize where it comes from. Most of those on that forum are nuts. They gave rhett shit for having his Aavik on a Fraimlite. $30k IA and shitting on his rack. Lol.

John