Author Topic: Dart and Elite  (Read 265 times)

Johnny Rotten

• ESAC Rating: +1/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Dart and Elite
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2017, 05:41:25 PM »
I've read the Dart is heavy and under-powered. Plus, they don't make the Rallye edition anymore. Looks pretty sweet though. ;)

Thanks, I think she looks allrignt. I wouldn't say its to heavy or underpowered, I could see with the small turbo engines. Mine is the 2.4L naturally aspirated. I have done some work to it too, a full custom magnaflow exhaust that I welded and installed myself over a weekend. I also had a high flow k&n air intake on it. I ended up going back to the stock airbox for now to save some gas. With the bigger intake my mpg was way down.  :P Its no race car but for a daily driver that's good on gas and makes some decent power for a 4banger, Its fun to drive. I say its like driving a 2 stroke, at low rpm its nothing special. Once you step on it and get up to the 5000 - 6000rpm range, it pulls hard but eats the gas! The car I think is heavy is the charger, I drove a 2008 3.5l high output and it was a dog, my dart has way more get up and go! The Dart was my car of choose for the look, ok power and mostly to be good on gas.
2ch - Micromega PA-20 PRE and PW-400 Power AMP, Martin Logan motion 40 speakers and dynamo 700 sub, Chord HUGO DAC, Denon 1930CI- DVD/ SACD player, Project Elemental Turntable. OTG setup - Ipad mini 3, CHORD MOJO, Sennheiser Momentum = Johnny

no quarter

• Charter Member
  • ESAC Rating: +13/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2017, 05:59:32 PM »
I've read the Dart is heavy and under-powered. Plus, they don't make the Rallye edition anymore. Looks pretty sweet though. ;)
Ouch!
Tony

Johnny Rotten

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2017, 06:03:55 PM »
Ouch!

Hey I know its no Pontiac gand prix race car no quarter . I did how ever have a POS grand am with ram air, its now in the the junk yard where it belongs lmfao  :P also what is old postrokfan driving now a days. I'm also a lover of cars and anything with an engine, so I'm just curious.
2ch - Micromega PA-20 PRE and PW-400 Power AMP, Martin Logan motion 40 speakers and dynamo 700 sub, Chord HUGO DAC, Denon 1930CI- DVD/ SACD player, Project Elemental Turntable. OTG setup - Ipad mini 3, CHORD MOJO, Sennheiser Momentum = Johnny

postrokfan

• INIQUITY
  • ESAC Rating: +3/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2017, 06:18:24 PM »

Thanks, I think she looks allrignt. I wouldn't say its to heavy or underpowered, I could see with the small turbo engines. Mine is the 2.4L naturally aspirated. I have done some work to it too, a full custom magnaflow exhaust that I welded and installed myself over a weekend. I also had a high flow k&n air intake on it. I ended up going back to the stock airbox for now to save some gas. With the bigger intake my mpg was way down.  :P Its no race car but for a daily driver that's good on gas and makes some decent power for a 4banger, Its fun to drive. I say its like driving a 2 stroke, at low rpm its nothing special. Once you step on it and get up to the 5000 - 6000rpm range, it pulls hard but eats the gas! The car I think is heavy is the charger, I drove a 2008 3.5l high output and it was a dog, my dart has way more get up and go! The Dart was my car of choose for the look, ok power and mostly to be good on gas.

Cool. Wish I had skills like that. :)
1980's Boom-box with cassette deck.

postrokfan

• INIQUITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2017, 06:21:12 PM »
Ouch!

Lol. I came off like a dick with that post but it wasn't intentional. I was hoping Johnny could share his experience with the Dart and he did. Sounds like a pretty sweet ride.

postrokfan

• INIQUITY
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2017, 06:26:52 PM »
Ouch!

Hey I know its no Pontiac gand prix race car no quarter . I did how ever have a POS grand am with ram air, its now in the the junk yard where it belongs lmfao  :P also what is old postrokfan driving now a days. I'm also a lover of cars and anything with an engine, so I'm just curious.

"Old postrokfan" is drive a boring ass Accord, lol. Had a Civic Si for a while. Quick but not fast. Pretty much got smoked by everything else in it's class though. It was still fun to drive-loved the growl when you got it in the sweet spot between 6-8000 rpm (high rev, no turbo).

Johnny Rotten

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2017, 06:11:22 PM »
hey no worries, its all good. My dart was just to get me from point A to B and be good on gas. After owning it for a few years and seeing others online mod them to be a bit quicker, me not leaving anything alone started to mess with it.  :P I am lucky to be able to do my own work, saves money for more audio gear too.  thumbsup